Falls Prevention Exercise in Chichester
Falls cause 50% of hospital admissions each year in the UK and everyone is more at risk of a fall as they age. A fall can result in serious injuries and long-term complications. Falling can also contribute to a loss of confidence and independence. In Chichester there are evidence based Falls Prevention exercise classes you can attend.
Check your risk of falling
- I have slipped or tripped and fallen in the last year.
- I need to push with my hands to stand up from a chair
- I am worried about falling
- Sometimes I feel unsteady when walking, or have been told to use a walking stick to help get around safely
- I steady myself by holding onto furniture when walking at home
- I have lost some feeling in my feet
- I take medicine that sometimes makes me feel sleepy, light headed, dizzy or more drowsy than usual.
- I have Parkinson's disease or have had a stroke
- I often feel sad or depressed
- It has been two years since I had my eyes checked
- I sometimes have to rush for the loo
- I take 4 or more medications
If you have answered yes to one or more of these questions then you could be at risk of falling. However falling is not an inevitable part of aging and there are changes you can make to your lifestyle to help reduce your risk.
One of the most important things to do is to get sufficient exercise. When your muscles are strong, you're less likely to fall. If you do fall, strong bones are less likely to break. If you are interested in Falls Prevention Exercise in Chichester and want to know what classes you can do to help them please get in touch with Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07785 747669. Helen is a Level 4 qualified Postural Stability Instructor and is one of only a few specialists in the Chichester area who is able to deliver these evidence based Falls Prevention exercise classes.