I came to fitness training later in life after having worked in IT for 15 years and have now worked with older adults to help improve their strength and balance for over 12 years. I don't think there is any age that doesn't benefit from exercise.
I am a Personal Trainer who specialisies in working with the older adult and those with long term conditions. I have done further study in the following areas.
- Parkinson's and Exercise
- Osteoporosis and Exercise
- 1st Steps in Dementia
- Level 3 Qualification in Exercise Referral
- Level 4 Specialist Exercise Instructor in Physical Activity and Lifestyle Strategies for Managing Low Back Pain.
- Level 4 Postural Stability Instructor (Falls Prevention)
- Level 4 Exercise And Fitness Training After Stroke Instructor
- Level 4 BACPR Specialist Exercise Instructor in Cardiac Rehab
In addition to my personal training qualifications I have also attended many motivational interviewing courses to help support my clients in their goals.
Motivational interviewing is a form of collabrative conversation which enables me to find out your true goals and your motivations (and barriers) to change. As the goals will be formed by you and what you actually want to achieve you will have a higher chance of achieving them.
Membership Category: Senior Activity and Health Practitioner
Renewal Date: 01/02/2021