Here is some feedback from clients that I see in both a 1:1 capacity and the exercise classes I run.
- "Very friendly and I don’t feel bad if I find the exercise too tiring. Helen goes out of her way to provide the right aids to make the exercises more comfortable for me. I am happy that we also do exercises for the strengthening of the upper body."
- "Balance better, less likely to fall, can now put trousers on without having to hold on to something - similar with shoes."
- "All of it!! I like the contents, the people. the fact I can walk there and the instruction is excellent.
- It is fun, and carefully tailored to our individual needs. There is no pressure, and Helen often says, "Challenge yourself, but stay within your comfort zone", which I really appreciate."
- "Helen is very good at motivating everyone and I am definitely much stronger and my balance is much better."
- "Everyone’s attitude “I will try to do this” which comes initially from the Instructor, and we do so, however clumsy we are. I find the Instructor very good & understanding of individual’s abilities."
"I have given up several physiotherapists or exercise classes in the past, because I became disheartened, or they were painful. This is the most enjoyable class I have been to - I do believe it is helping me, but it is also fun and friendly!"
- "Taking part in your weekly lessons has encouraged me to do a lot more exercise, as you know when I was first persuaded to come to your lessons (it took a year of persuasion by my friends) I hated exercising, but now I look forward to our class. It's great to see my body returning to a more youthful shape and to be able to run upstairs instead of plodding up, now that I am exercising I have so much more energy"
Steady Steps Class practising upperward reach with heel raise. As you can see participants are encouraged to do a version that suits them (but challenges them as well!)