Helen Rothwell is an older adult exercise specialist, falls prevention instructor and able to work with people who have had strokes in Chichester, Sussex. It doesn't matter how old you are exercise can help improve your life and your health.
“If a medication existed which had a similar effect to physical activity, it would be regarded as a wonder drug or a miracle cure.”
- Sir Liam Donaldson, The former Chief Medical Officer of England
And no, it's not too late, research has shown improvements in balance, strength, gait, muscular power, blood pressure, endurance and bone density as a result of regular physical activity in older age.
Each session will include
- Balance so that you feel more steady on your feet
- Strengthening through targeted exercises to strengthen the muscles you use in everyday activities
- Fitness which will increase your energy to keep doing the things that are important to you
- Mobility so that you feel less stiff and move more easily
If you are interested in improving your health then please get in touch on 07785 747669 or email@example.com.
New classes now starting June 2020
With lockdown easing I am now able to provide outside classes in the beautiful Priory Park in Chichester. The classes follow the government guidelines
- Six people includes the class instructor
- Social distancing measure of at least 2m must be adhered to
- Attendees are not in the shielding population or living with someone who is shielding.
If you are interested in finding out more about these classes then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07785 747669
"First, I can now walk up and down stairs normally, not like a small child leading with the same foot each step. Secondly, I can get up and down from chairs using my legs not my arms" S, 76
“I have given up several physiotherapists or exercise classes in the past, because I became disheartened, or they were painful. This is the most enjoyable class I have been to - I do believe it is helping me, but it is also fun and friendly!” M, 79